NYC Guideshop Manager
New York City, NY (View all jobs)
- You are excited about building an innovative brand, that prioritizes an elevated and personalized customer experience.
- You have experience managing a team and can cultivate individual team member growth while encouraging overall team development.
- You are detailed oriented and capable of managing the nuance of individual customer’s needs through close coordination with our headquarters, sales, operations, and marketing teams.
- You have a keen eye for design.
- You know how to manage a project end-to-end and can keep team members on stringent timelines throughout that process.
- You adapt to each situation quickly and are able to drive full ownership of your work. You jump in and solve problems. You are able to troubleshoot quickly, but also know the right times to ask for help.
- You look for opportunities to optimize, improve things and make everything efficient (without compromising quality).
- Our brand revolves around delivering an exceptional and differentiated customer experience. You must be customer service oriented and able to maintain a calm and friendly presence throughout each interaction. With that, you aim to make each customer experience better and will never settle for “that is good enough”.
- You are a team player capable of inspiring and motivating others. You value compassion and can empathize while remaining professional.
- Serve as Showroom Manager for our NYC store with end-to-end responsibility including: sales and management, business development, event planning, executing marketing campaigns, raising awareness around the launch, supervise retail build out, support in hiring and training a local team to run our NYC sales and operations.
- Manage complete selling process from customer first touch point to purchase execution and ensure the customer experience is exceptional.
- Recruit, mentor, train, and inspire Guideshop Leaders and Guideshop Sales Team members as part of your daily responsibilities to your team.
- Grow the sales team, while improving sales processes to ensure that growth never compromises our focus on customers and the I/D brand.
- Field inquiries (and ultimately sell) to consumers over the phone, email, and – importantly – in person in our Guideshop.
- Help cultivate our brand culture in New York, building a community around our new Guideshop.
Advocate the I/D brand story.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is excited about growth with the following credentials:
- You have 5+ years experience in sales and/or hospitality.
- You are comfortable managing a team, setting team goals, and maintaining sales performance objectives.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to translate ideas into actionable responses.
- You are a clear, effective communicator.
- You love interacting with customers (and teammates).
- You are self-directed and willing to learn new things, ask questions, and promote customer experiences.
- You are willing to travel and to spend time in Chicago, at I/D headquarters.
Great to Have:
- Retail project management experience.
- Knowledge about design and furniture.
- Proficiency in Excel and / or Google Sheets.
- Experience with the customer service platform Zendesk.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Shopping for a sofa is one of the most important and emotional purchases anyone makes for their home. Your sofa sits in the center of your home, anchoring your space and influencing the way you interact with friends and family for years. Despite the significance of this purchase there was no brand making the experience more comfortable. Interior Define is revolutionizing the way people shop for furniture (beginning with sofas). Through a vertical, made-to-order production approach and e-commerce focus, Interior Define crafts exceptional, customizable sofas and offers them for attainable prices. Interior Define makes customization easy: sofas can be tailored by size, fabric, configuration, leg style, and sit. Free white-glove delivery and a 365-day return policy are included with every order. Your space is unique. Your sofa should be too.
- Health benefits
- Company sponsored free lunch on Fridays
- Incredible opportunity for growth within the company
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fun work environment and team culture. We believe every aspect of our brand including our work and culture should be as comfortable as our sofas.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales / hospitality: 5+ years
- Other startup and / or relevant retail (e-commerce or physical) experience is a major plus
Apply for this job
* Indicates a required field
We've received your application. After we review your information, we'll contact you with the next steps.